Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Been a while....

So I actually hadn't thought about the fact that I have a blog since...um...2008 :) I started off strong....as I do in most things....and then faded quickly...as I do with many things....but the positive I do have to report is that since 2008 the momentum has continued. God has faithfully lead me to a life I could have never imagined. So let's play catch up...Thru much heartbreak and uncertainty of 2008 God's redemptive love brought Matt and I back together in 2009 and has held us close for the last 2 years. We remarried in June of 2009 and the years are going by so quickly. I had the opportunity to serve on staff at a church leading children's ministry for most of those 2 years and then got to spend time working in Jackson's school over the last 9 months. After leaving the church I was serving we began to attend Brentwood Baptist...Matt's home church....we were amazed at how every Sunday as we attended that God was pricking our hearts for things that were far beyond ourselves and our little Brentwood world. One week we would hear from a missionary from India, then we would hear about a family moving to Africa, or a family bringing Africa here...in January of this year we moved out of our rental home to live with Matt's parents so that we could begin the process of discerning what God's call on our life truly is....sure we are paying off debt and enjoying the time with family...but the bigger call is what this is all about....as I have said before and I find myself here often in this life in Christ...I don't know the next steps but I know the foundation is sure...and am running forward with all that is within me...from one of my favorite songs....this is my heart...."This is my prayer in the desert when all that within me is dry, this is my prayer in my hunger and need, my God is a god who provides...I will sing praise, I will sing praise, no weapon formed against me shall remain..I will rejoice, I will declare, God is my victory and He is here!"
So much more to come as this Journey continues....

No comments: